Most of us would like to save money at the end of the month. The following is a list of tips I’ve put together.
- Before buying something new, ask yourself: Is this a need or a want? If you don’t need it, wait a few days and reevaluate.
- When you’re out, carry portable snacks, like vegetables or granola bars to avoid buying food impulsively.
- Do your grocery shopping with a list, and stick to it.
- Use cash more often than plastic. Studies show we spend less when we use cash.
- Track your expenses for a few weeks, try to identify wasteful spending trends.
- Evaluate any subscriptions or memberships you don’t really need.
- Look out for sales and buy in bulk.
- Explore generic brands.
- Incorporate more vegan meals into your diet.
- Create a plan to eliminate any credit card debt.
- Review your insurance policies.
- Have something lying around that you don't need? Sell it!
- Don’t be afraid to ask a friend for advice on how they save money.
How do YOU save money? Include your tips in the comments!
Daniel Enayatzadeh is a Financial Security Advisor specializing in investment and insurance planning. He can be reached at 514-996-9400 or at firstname.lastname@example.org